How about some Top Ten Music? Nice.
(1) Girl Talk/All Day. And all night, we will repetitively, and compulsively, play anything Girl Talk does. Anything.
(2) Kanye West/My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Hip hop goes confessional, well, more confessional. Long live Kanye.
(3) Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings/I Learned the Hard Way. Ebullience.
(4) Jamey Johnson/The Guitar Song. Sprawling, yet pared-down, throwback greatness.
(5) Arcade Fire/The Suburbs. Typically engrossing, with all due apologies to Shya Scanlon of course.
(6) LCD Soundsystem/This is Happening. Happy noise.
(7) Robyn/Body Talk Pt. 1. Maximum fun.
(8) The Gaslight Anthem/American Slang. Sort of Springsteen, sort of 80's, very catchy.
(9) Bruce Springsteen/The Promise. Joy found in the dark.
(10) Bob Rok/Poverty in Color. A love letter to Pilsen.
Also deserving of some love (and in no particular order): The Hold Steady/Heaven is Whenever; Ryan Bingham & The Dead Horse/Junky Star; John Mellencamp/No Better Than this.
Biggest let down: MIA/MAYA. Though to be fair, Meds and Feds is slamming.
Biggest, and oddest, pleasurable surprise: Joanna Newsom/Have One on Me.
More 2010 Top Ten Love.
TBWCYL, Inc. 2010 Top Ten Books List
TBWCYL, Inc. 2010 Top Ten Television List
And for your retro viewing pleasure.
TBWCYL, Inc. 2009 Top Ten Music List
TBWCYL, Inc. 2008 Top Ten Music List
TBWCYL, Inc. 2007 Top Ten Music List