It's late we know, but we still want to run our Top Ten music list for 2007. We also still plan to run our movie list, we just have to catch-up, sorry. So, without further adieu, the list:
(1) El-P - I'll Sleep When You're Dead. Dissonance and madness, we thoroughly enjoyed it the first time we heard it, and nothing changed that.
(2) Ike Reilly Assassination - We Belong To The Staggering Evening. Big and awesome. We don't understand why this guy isn't huge.
(3) MIA - Kala. Socially conscious, multi-culti hip hop. Pretty cool.
(4) Arcade Fire - Neon Bible. It may not be Funeral, but it's still all that.
(5) Wilco - Sky Blue Sky. Thank you.
(6) Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank. Totally different and kind of epic.
(7) Radiohead - In Rainbows. No idea what's going on here. Don't care.
(8) Bruce Springsteen - Magic. We were prepared to not be so into it. We were wrong, way wrong.
(9) Iron and Wine - The Shepherd's Dog. We are sucker for this guy, he's on to something, and we like it.
(10) Andrew Byrd - Armchair Apocrypha. Wholly unique.