Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"An internal dialogue that’s so spot-on." You Can Make Him Like You gets We Are Verspertine'd. And likes it. A lot.

More love. Love for the Brandon Teitz and the thrilling We Are Vespertine. For Tanzer Tuesdays at the site. And for their most kind review of You Can Make Him Like You. Drinks sir when next we meet. For sure.

"Bottom line: I don’t think I will ever read anything that captures the mind of the late-thirties American male the way this book did, this delicate tightrope of fearing what the future holds and hoping that the best days aren’t already gone. Tanzer weaves this all together in a very non-heavy-handed kind of way, disguised in the bullshit conversations you have with friends, the train of thought when temptation lurks, and the ticking time-bomb that is childbirth. We all have to grow up sometime, and whether it’s Tanzer simply recalling his experiences or something wholly conjured—I’m not sure I care. It works. I feel a little bit older, a little bit wiser, a little bit more prepared for the future…whatever it may hold for me."

No comments: