Thursday, May 5, 2011

"Arousal." And a double-dose of decomP love.

This is the first dose of a double-dose of the always stellar decomP, this dose being our latest quasi-Chicago story "Arousal" which runs in decomP's May issue, and follows on the heels of "The Guy" which ran in the Smalldoggies earlier this week. Big thanks decomP and more soon.

“You know how much The West Wing arouses me sexually?” the wife says.

I do, the combination of Rob Lowe, Mary Louise Parker and progressive politics are clearly too stimulating to ignore.

“I do,” I respond, “and whenever you say this I want to tell you that I feel like I’m in a short story. Not a good one necessarily, but definitely a story about us or people like us, white, aging, wannabe, Chicago hipsters who vow to watch The Wire and bemoan the loss of dive bars in the city.”

“You definitely like to talk,” the wife says.

“I thought that was one of the things you liked about me.”

“At one time I did,” she says smiling."


No comments: