Thursday, February 11, 2010

Writer on Writer love. Peter Schwartz, Monsters and The RZA.

This is turning into a very fine week indeed and today we are happy to let you know about an interview between TBWCYL, Inc. spokesperson Ben Tanzer and the kick-ass poet Peter Schwartz that is now up at the Orange Alert. This interview was timed to come out in conjunction with his terrific new chapbook Old Men, Girls, and Monsters from the always stellar Achilles Chapbook Series. This is a most excellent collection and while we do not want to pre-empt your reading pleasure we have posted some excerpts below regarding our take on the collection, as well as, some brief repartee between us and the Schwartz.

On Old Men, Girls, and Monsters:

"Like Peter himself [Old Men, Girls, and Monsters is] wonderful and heavy, in love with words and endlessly searching to make better sense of confinement and loss and their impact on his life.
"

And now for some interview:

BT: If you would please tell me what it means to live "a very simple life, caveman-style, if you will?”

PS: Well, I seldom leave my house. If I do it's to go to the library, buy food, or have fumbling sex with the next woman I can charm off Craig's List. Safe to say, most practitioners of modern psychology would probably label me something like a shut-in, but I sure don't feel that way. I write poems and stories and make art and do interviews. All from my little chair. I also explore the vast possibilities of the Internet and when I'm done I'm sure I'll move on to the next thing.

No comments: