Sunday, November 1, 2009

PRATE interview love. Parker Stevenson. And the Peter Schwartz. Goodness.

As previously mentioned we love you a lot. Well that, and there has been an odd, but much appreciated surge in interest in Most Likely You Go Your Way and I'll Go Mine and TBWCYL, Inc. spokesperson Ben Tanzer. Last week we were happy to share with you the very awesome Mel Bosworth Most Likely video and today we are quite excited to let you know that Ben has been interviewed by the quite cool Peter Schwartz as part of the really stellar Full of Crow PRATE interview series. Previous interviews include rock star writers Michael Kimball and Tim Hall and we are thrilled to be part if that line-up. We also hope you will take a look and as a wee teaser we offer you the following excerpt below:

P.S.: You had me at elaborate lie. Please, tell a lie, a secret, and a little known fact and then we’ll just invite our kind readers to jot down which they think is which. At the end of this interview, we’ll reveal the real answers and those of you with all three correct answers will WIN A FREE PRIZE that will both literally and figuratively blow your mind.

B.T.: Great question, and very Zellweger of you. Here you go:

(1) I once wrote Parker Stevenson a fan letter and asked him his advice on how one goes about becoming an actor. I sent it to Teen Beat where he had a column during the 70’s. He never responded and years later when Kirstie Alley left him I felt vindicated.
(2) I auditioned for the role of the son in The Shining. They told me I didn’t seem creepy enough, something a number of women I dated in high school would later strongly disagree with.
(3) When I was kid my parents would leave my brother and I at movie theaters to watch movies two even three times in a row. Between showings I would eat the popcorn that people left behind and to this day I have an intense craving for stale popcorn every time I watch Bedknobs and Broomsticks.

No comments: