Sunday, December 21, 2014

In which City Lit Rag reprints our Orphans interview with Loren Kleinman and we in turn share it with you.

For real. Both the reprint and the sharing. Feels good, right? Indeed. Excerpt? Word.

LK: Do you ever run into someone who says, “You write WHAT?”

BT: I have several lives. Writer. Office worker dude. And parent. All of which I keep fairly separate, though people I work with know I write, even if I don’t talk about it much. As parent, however, I am engaged in things like drop-offs and fundraisers, and parent gatherings, and in that world, while people know about my day job, I’m mostly not known as a writer. Still people occasionally find out about the books, and sometimes they even read them, and when they do, they usually say things like, whoa, what, the drugs, and the violence, and the blow jobs, is that fiction, because you, that so doesn’t seem like you worker, dad, guy, right?

No comments: