Monday, March 18, 2013

New joint. My Vasectomy, My Life-Insurance. The Good Men Project.

Much appreciative we are. We wrote this piece for the quite killer The Seven Deadly Sins reading series here in Chicago, as well as, our forthcoming essay collection Lost In Space, and are quite happy to have found a home for it in the Marriage section of The Good Men Project. So, please do enjoy, and as the mood strikes you, please feel free to share it, widely, yo. Excerpt? Cool. 


"I want to tell you about my vasectomy.
It started one day when I went into my urologist’s office. I have one due to kidney stones, poor hydration, and consuming too much spinach.
Really.
The conversation went like this:
“The problem is spinach, that and you don’t drink enough water,” my doctor said.
“Spinach though, really?” I said.
“Well, and too much black tea. And cranberries,” he said.
“I’m sorry, so it’s spinach, tea, and cranberries. Why did I give up drugs, again?” I asked."

No comments: