Sunday, June 20, 2010

"This book was one of the best things I've read so far this year." Repetition Patterns gets Vinnie the Vole'd. And likes it. A lot.

We are most happy to let you know that Repetition Patterns got a really thoughtful review today from Chicago writer, fellow upstate New Yorker and TBWCYL, Inc. favorite Mark Brand and we most appreciate it. Please do take a look, please enjoy the below excerpt and definitely look out for our upcoming review of Mark's science fiction novel Red Ivy Afternoon. Cool? Cool.

"Anyway, for every father I know of young children, and every couple I know who grew up when I did and has seen the world change the way Tanzer and I have, I thought "this person really needs to read this book." Technically, it's like biscuits and gravy; understated, rich, and satisfying. The metaphorical subtext is present enough to color the whole thing beautifully the way some great indie films manage to do. You read it and you can't exactly put your finger on it, but you need little encouragement to devour it. Writing about my generation, the generation neither firmly Gen X nor Millenials but rather something more like "Garbage Pail Kids" where our first movie at the movie theater wasn't Star Wars but rather E.T. or The Return of the Jedi, is nothing new, but I've rarely seen it done this well, and usually when it was it was in the form of a screenplay."

No comments: