Monday, November 4, 2013

Mania. Hydrate. The Lion King. Orphans. And The Writer's Handful.

All that and big thanks to the Patricia Ann McNair of course. Excerpt? Word.

If your writing were an animal, what animal would it be? Because…
I Googled the words “animal sparse quick punchy,” thinking that might help me determine said animal, and I came up with the novel We the Animals by Justin Torres, which apparently takes place in upstate New York where I grew up. So color me intrigued as far as that goes. Not that this answers your question. I am not really into animals, but thinking quick and punchy, if not sparse, how about a hyena, they seem to make quick work of things, and they’re sort of rough, yet still funny and seem to enjoy themselves. Plus, they play a key supporting role in The Lion King, which I name-drop in Orphans, so now I’m marketing, and cross-pollinating, and there we go. Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely. Thanks again, Mr.Tanzer.