Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Rejoice! There is Largehearted Boy Lost in Space Book Notes essay.

Also, run, don't walk, please, and do hit it, it just might change your life. Cool? Awesome, thank you, all of you, though especially you Largehearted Boy, because you are most largehearted indeed. Excerpt? Word.


Side by Side/Dan Zanes

One final shout-out to the Dan Zanes, he of the crazed hair and quasi-punk, folk, hipster tunes, which allows so many parents, this one certainly, to feel even remotely alternadad or mom. I don't even know if the boys even liked Dan Zanes when they were really little, but if nothing else, we could always make them listen to him with minimal fussing, while not feeling terrible about ourselves. All of which is to say, that one day we went to see Dan Zanes at the Old Town Music School, and Jon Langford, yes that one, from the Mekons and Waco Brothers, was sitting next to us with his kid, and during the show Dan Zanes invited him on stage to perform, and when he did, I looked at Myles all wild-eyed, and like my dad before me, trying to make me care about paintings or cows on the side on the road, or whatever he wanted me to better appreciate, I said, "dude, fuck, wow, look, it's Jon Langford, the Jon Langford, of the Mekons." To which he replied, "Who cares?"

Who cares? I do. And apparently way too much at that.

No comments: